Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VMware Forum

All the latest News here at vmwareforum.org
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VMware help - sound, internet, and usb drivers (Read 1586 times)
wrapperjr
YaBB Newbies

VMWare User

VMware help - sound, internet, and usb drivers
02/22/11 at 20:54:04

How the hell do you get the sound, internet, and usb drivers working if you install windows 98 in a virtual machine? I went to the control panel and it identifies them as PCI devices, but nothing else. VMware is set up to port the audio and usb and use the network, but Windows 98 refuses to recognize it. I try installing drivers for it but there must be hundreds to choose from. I get links to drivers that are supposed to make it work, but I can't connect to the internet in it since it wants to search for a modem instead  Angry. I even tried downloading the drivers I needed onto the hard drive and giving the virtual machine access to the physical drive, but I get an error when attempting that. What devices exactly does the virtual machine emulate by default for a windows 98 VM? I am using the latest version of VM, having just downloaded it about 2 days ago. Help is appreciated, let me know if you need any more info, I'd be glad to provide it. Ultimately I need sound working. Internet would be a bonus Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print