Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VMware Forum

All the latest News here at vmwareforum.org
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insufficient permission to access file (Read 8207 times)
JanC94
YaBB Newbies

VMWare User

Insufficient permission to access file
06/01/11 at 11:47:45

Hello,

I've been searching for an answer for a few days now and can't seem to find the right answer that works for me.  My problem is that I cannot open VMs on my host machine (Win 7, 64 bit, running VM Workstation 7.1.4).  I have created these VMs on the same host machine under the same administrator account, but after I power down after creating the VM and attempt to power on the same VM, I get the following error:

"Cannot open the disk 'C:\[file path]' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on. 
Reason: Insufficient permission to access file"

I am running VMware as administrator and have ensured that the security options on the file folder holding my VM files allows for full control for all users on this machine.  I don't know why I wouldn't have the correct permissions if I am using the same account that created the VM to access it again at a later date.   

I have posted the vmware.log file associated with this instance in hopes that someone out there can help me out.  This is starting to drive me slightly insane...

Also - I have deleted the .lck files associated with these failed attempts in hopes that it would unlock access, however that has not worked.  I state this because I've seen this as a common solution, along with running VMware as Administrator (which I do), so these options don't work for me.

Thanks in advance!

vmwarelog.txt (44 KB | 484 )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print